Grapes And Raisin Poisoning Is A Common Problem For Dogs, So Here'S How To Prevent It From Happening To You And Your Pet

Grape and raisin toxicity is well-known in dogs and cats. Dogs and cats should not eat grapes or raisins, even in small amounts. Emergency veterinary rates for toxin ingestion for grapes and raisi vary from an average of $2000 to $5000 in veterinary treatment costs. It takes 32 grams of grapes per kilogram for kidney injury to occur in both dogs and pups. The exact cause of the wine and raisin poisoning is unknown.

a little boy dressed for colder weather, letting a red and white husky lick his hand, as they are standing in a vineyard

Both peel and seedless grapes are toxic and should never be used as treats. Vomiting is best done within 15 to 20 minutes after your pet has eaten a raisin. Your veterinarian will then administer activated charcoal to soak up the toxins. Administer 3% or 1 milliliter per pound of weight to your dog. The maximum amount is 45 ml. If the dog does not drink alcohol within 15 minutes of the peroxide administration, try again. Treatment via an emergency veterinary treatment is always necessary to ensure that your dog hasn’t been harmed by the poisonous grapes. After making a dog poop, your veterinary doctor may wash out your dog's stomach via a gastric lavage. Intravenous fluid therapy is usually the next step to make the toxins go out of the dog's bloodstream. .

Tags: Dogs/ Dogs And Dogs/ Dog Care/ Dog Health/ Dog Poisoning/

Last Update