How To React If Your Dog Has Been Exposed To A Poison: Https://Www

If you think your dog has been exposed to a poison, it is important to act quickly. Identify the toxin and how your dog came into contact with it. Obtain the original packaging of the toxin (if applicable) Early intervention can be life-saving. You should not wait for your dog to show signs of illness. It may be too late by then. Never give your dog a home remedy or other treatment without first speaking with a veterinary professional. A professional may ask you to induce vomiting at home with hydrogen peroxide. In an accessible area, keep your dog’s medical records. This includes vaccination history, current medications, food and drug allergies, and identification. Make sure your dog wears a collar with an ID tag or keep it near the door with a lead so they can be easy to catch on the way out. Don't leave dangerous items out of your dog's reach. Be sure to use products in your home and yard that are safe for pets. Pick pet-friendly plants and flowers for your home or yard. Always consult your veterinary doctor for health-related questions. . . .

Tags: Dogs/ Dogs And Dogs/ Dog Care/ Dog Health/

Last Update