Chocolate Poisoning Is Common In Dogs Around Certain Holidays, So Keep It Out Of Your Pets' Reach: The Pets Protection Association (Tpa)

Chocolate poisoning is common in dogs around certain holidays. Chocolate is dangerous for dogs because it can damage their nervous and cardiovascular systems. Chocolate Syrup is made from the roasted seeds of cocoa plants. It contains theobromine. Dogs can't metabolize theobromeine as quickly as humans. (max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/dog-drinking-water-909370030-5c420ddc46e0fb00019821af. Chocolate poisoning in dogs can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and seizures. Theobromin in chocolate relaxes bladder control, causing excessive urination.

Dog drinking water out of a blue dish on the floor.

Tremors, rapid heart rate, or coma are medical emergencies that need immediate attention. In certain cases, serious side effects may appear. Chocolate toxicity occurs when a dog consumes chocolate. Dark or brown chocolate contains far more theobramine than milk chocolate. White chocolate is not toxic to dogs. It does not contain cocoa. The affected dogs are given supportive treatment from the veterinary team. The prognosis for a dog with chocolate poisoning depends on the amount of chocolate ingested and the individual dog's reaction to it. Some dogs show no signs of toxicity, while others end up hospitalized. So keep chocolate out of reach. Train your dog to "drop it" or "leave it" so you can control your pet's actions. Talk with everyone in the house about maintaining a chocolate-free zone to keep pets healthy. .

Tags: Pets And Animals/ Dogs/ Dogs And Dogs/ Dog Poisoning/

Last Update