French Bulldog With Facial Swelling After Bee Sting

(max _bytes(150000):strip_icc()/GettyImages-1142155126-3b16f2f720b84888659bed350140914. Bee stings are small injuries caused by the stinger of a bee. The stinger injects a bit of venom that causes a dog's skin and immune system to react.

French bulldog with facial swelling.

Redness and swelling at the site are usually resolved quickly before any other symptoms occur. Systemic symptoms that involve labored breathing, gastrointestinal upset (vomiting or diarrhea), and neurological issues like seizures are potentially dangerous. A bee stinging is usually the result of a dog getting too close to a bee in one of the following situations. Your dog will likely tell you where it feels pain by licking, clawing, or limping. You may also see swelling at a stinging site. Knowing the cause of your dog's distress will help your veterinary team make a diagnosis. If your dog gets stung by a bee, there are a few things you can do at home to reduce the inflammation and pain. Be sure to monitor your animal's breathing and behavior for several hours after the stinging. Dogs with more serious allergic responses usually recover with prompt veterinary treatment. In rare cases, a dog may die from a bee stinger, but this is not common. The only way to prevent bee stings is to keep your dog from bees. . . .

Tags: Dogs/ Dogs And Dogs/ Dog Behaviour Training/ Dog Care/ Dog/

Last Update